- Meet With Your Florida State Senator and State Representative NOW to STOP SB 64
- Contact Sponsor Senator Lauren Book to Withdraw SB 64
Contact your Florida state senator and state representative and respectfully ask them to oppose SB 64 in the 2020 legislative session.
- As soon as possible, schedule an in-person meeting with your state senator and representative to express to them how important it is to your family to have religious and unrestricted medical exemptions available. Share your vaccine reaction, denial of medical care, and harassment or discrimination stories.
- Email your state senator and representative also using their preferred method of contact (see d.)
- Attend events where your legislators may be speaking or presenting and express your concerns there as well. Follow your legislators on social media so you can know when and where they will be attending and speaking during the interim so that you can attend and have opportunities to provide more information and ask questions.
- Legislative contact information: you can login to the NVIC Advocacy Portal, click on the “State Teams” tab and then “My State,” and your elected officials are automatically posted on the right hand side of the page. You can click on their name to display contact information and social media accounts that you can follow. You can also find your representatives here and senators here.
- Contact the sponsor Senator Lauren Book and respectfully ask her to withdraw SB 64.Be polite and explain how important religious and unrestricted medical exemptions to vaccination are for you and your family. Share your vaccine reaction, denial of medical care, and harassment or discrimination stories. Contact information for Senator Book is posted athttp://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/S32.
- Login to the NVIC Advocacy Portal OFTEN to check for updates. We review bills and make updates daily. Bills can change many times over the legislative process and your timely visits, calls, and emails directed at the correct legislators are critical to this process. Even though the Florida legislature is not currently in session, you can see how this is important because bills are already being filed.
- Please forward this email to family and friends and ask them to register for the NVIC Advocacy Portal and share their concerns with their legislators as well. If you wish to share this alert on social media, go to the notes on the National Vaccine Information Center’s Facebook page and share it from there.
- Please forward any legislative responses you receive or a summary of your meetings to our Florida State Director Toni and our Florida affiliated group Health Freedom Florida at FLDirector@NVICAdvocacy.org.
National Vaccine Information Center
http://NVIC.org and http://NVICAdvocacy.org