By Louise Habakus
With almost no vaccine exceptions, the trifecta of government, industry, and organized medicine want every child vaccinated. To achieve total compliance, they’re controlling the conversation and taking away our rights.
We want healthy children. We want a healthy society. But we won’t always agree on the road to get there. And that road, paved over and over with “good intentions,” may nonetheless deliver us to the same unfortunate destination.
This brings us to the topic of vaccination. With almost no exceptions, the trifecta of government, industry, and organized medicine want every child vaccinated. To achieve total compliance, they’re controlling the conversation and taking away our rights.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and get right down to it. When it comes to vaccines and other medical interventions, there are two kinds of people in the world. You’re probably thinking pro-vaccine and anti-vaccine, right? It’s neat and pat, and there’s millions of dollars behind this PR campaign. But this singular narrative—parents versus the science—is a false one, carefully shaped for reasons that have nothing to do with vaccines, public health, or children.
So, how about those two different kinds of people in the world?
Pro- and anti-health freedom.
The truth is, when it comes to vaccination—like any other diagnostic, therapeutic, or other medical intervention—it doesn’t really matter what I think or do, and what you think or do. What matters is the freedom to choose.
“REFUSERS” ARE PUTTING US ALL AT RISK
Sound familiar? Parents who refuse to vaccinate endanger us all.
- Jail ‘anti-vax’ parents – USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/01/27/jail-anti-vax-parents-vaccines-cdc-measles-disney-world-california-column/22420771/
- How to Deal with Anti-Vaxxers. Try to persuade them. And if that fails, give them no choice. – Slate Magazine
- Dr. Manny: Should Obama make vaccines mandatory for all children? – Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/01/30/dr-manny-should-obama-make-vaccines-mandatory-for-all-children/
- Shame and Shun Anti-Vaccine Parents – Reason.com blog http://reason.com/blog/2015/02/04/shame-and-shun-anti-vaccine-parents
- Vaccine Deniers: inside the dumb, dangerous new fad – The Verge http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/21/4767530/vaccine-deniers-inside-the-dumb-dangerous-new-fad
These headlines are everywhere. Mainstream media has been on a rampage since the beginning of 2015. Read enough of these stories and you’d feel pretty comfortable concluding that there’s a serious public health problem on our hands.